As part of our dedication to provide the highest level of service to all of our guests, The Benbow Historic Inn welcomes pets staying with their owners, pending availability of pet designated rooms. Please be sure to discuss bringing your pet with a front desk agent when making a reservation.
Up to two (2) pets are allowed in our pet designated rooms, which are located in the Terrace Building with easy access to the outside. The Benbow Historic Inn charges a $30 pet fee per visit.
To ensure the comfort and safety of all of our guests and staff, we have developed these guidelines for pet etiquette:
- Pet owners agree to not leave any pet unattended on Benbow property unless during a preset dinner reservation or during breakfast or lunch. If a pet is left unattended during such a time the pet owner agrees to keep the pet in a carrier in their guest room or in their vehicle during their absence.
- Pet owners agree to promptly address any complaints made by fellow guests or Benbow staff regarding noise or any other such disturbance that may be caused by a pet. Pet owners also understand that a $100 fee may be incurred for each continued disturbance reported by any guest or staff member. A pet that becomes overly disruptive or in any way aggressive toward another guest or staff member must be immediately removed with no refund if the room must be vacated upon request of the Benbow Historic Inn.
- Pet owners agree to keep pets off of all furniture unless a pet throw is covering the specific piece. This includes beds, couches, and chairs. Pet owners also agree to immediately inform Benbow staff of any “accidents” that a pet may have so that extra cleaning efforts may be promptly provided. A $250 deep cleaning fee may be incurred for any deep cleaning that may be required due to stained bedding, carpet, or linen, or any pet waste that may be found by housekeeping staff.
- Pet owners will keep their pets “relief” outings limited to the designated area shown on the property map provided and to dispose of any waste in the Dogi Pot waste receptacle located in this area. A $100 cleaning fee may be incurred for failure to clean up any pet waste. Pets are not allowed in any indoor public areas such as the lobby, bar, or restaurant. Pets are not allowed in some outdoor public areas such as the back terrace, gardens, lawns, pool or any other areas deemed by the Benbow Historic Inn staff. However, pets on a leash and kept quiet and under control by their owners may sit on the front patio of the hotel out of the way of guest entrance areas. This is a courtesy to our guests traveling with their pets and may be revoked as a policy or with an individual at any time as deemed necessary by management.
- Pet owners agree to keep their pet on a leash or in a carrier at all times in any designated public area. Pets are permitted to be “off leash” when inside of the fully enclosed pet area located at the adjacent Benbow KOA property.
- Pet owners must remove their pet from their guest room during any housekeeping services or they may place their privacy sign on the door handle to indicate that service will not be needed. Pet owners may call the front desk to arrange a convenient time for housekeeping to service the room or to request any items if service will not be required.
- Pet owners accept full responsibility for any and all liability, claims, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) for personal injury or property damage that may result from the pet. Pet owner agrees to make reimbursement for such damages on demand.
- Pet owners agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Benbow Historic Inn, its owners, agents and employees from any and all liability, claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or relating to any claim for personal injury or property damage caused by the pet.